WHY, WHAT & WHEN TO HAVE YOUR MOTOR MOWER SERVICED
WHY have your mower serviced
Present day motor Mowers & Tractors have complex engines & working parts and need to be kept in pristine condition. They need regular maintenance to keep your investment in peak working condition.
WHAT is involved in Servicing a Motor Mower
A ‘Service’ is NOT just checking the spark plug and topping up the oil, there is a host of procedures that are carried out by our own professional Service Engineers.
Our ‘Service’ includes
- Remove all guards and covers
- Clean the machine to remove grass build-up and oil residues
- Remove the Carburettor and clean it in an ultra-sonic tank
- Flush the fuel tank to remove any stale fuel or contamination
- Add new fuel (with additive)
- Check the gap on the ignition coil and adjust as necessary
- Check & adjust the Spark Plug or replace if required
- Check & clean the air filters or replace if necessary
- Check & adjust Drive Belts & Cables and replace if necessary
- Check & tighten engine mounts and handle-bar bolts
- Sharpen and balance the cutting blades
- Replenish engine with fresh oil
- Lubricate height adjusters, wheels, control levers & cables
- Check and replace the pull start cord if damaged
- Check the re-coil springs and lubricate as necessary
- Run & Test all machine functions, check engine speeds and re-tune the carburettor
WHEN is the best time to have your mower serviced
Ideally, the best time to service your mower is at the end of the cutting season. Storing a used machine in a shed over the cold winter period could cause corrosion from damp grass cuttings and fuel & oil loosing their strength. We can, of course, service and repair your machine any time of the year that suits you best.
We offer a FREE OF CHARGE COLLECTION & DELIVERY SERVICE in the local area (within 10 miles) throughout the year. Collection and delivery outside the local area will have a nominal charge.
To inspire ‘out-of-season’ servicing and repairs, we offer a FREE OF CHARGE COLLECTION & DELIVERY SERVICE ‘OUTSIDE’ of the local area (within 20 miles) from November through to the end of January. Contact us for further details / locations.
No need to have a dirty machine carried in your car. Call us for further details.